The Blackthorns may have some level of prestige in the vampire community, as one of the family, Elodie Blackthorn, married into the Redfern family, wedding the Night World Elder, Alder Redfern. With him, she had four children, Rowan, Ash, Kestrel and Jade. A more prominent member of the family is Morgead Blackthorn, a teenaged lamia living in San Francisco with his mother, who abandoned him when he was a child. Despite Elodie's marriage to Alder, the Elders did not seem that concerned about Morgead being left essentially to fend for himself, indicating that the Blackthorns are perhaps a lower ranking family after all, or that Morgead and his mother belong to a less prominent branch, considered unworthy of the Elder Council's attentions. In Huntress, Morgead is revealed to be the soulmate of the hybrid and Wild Power Jez Redfern, ultimately joining Circle Daybreak with her in opposition to the Night World. It is unknown where the rest of the Blackthorns stand in Night World politics, but it's likely they chose to remain loyal, like most vampires.
Known Members: Edit
- Morgead's mother
- Morgead Blackthorn
Relative Members: Edit
- Elodie Blackthorn (married out of the family; now called Elodie Redfern)
- Rowan Redfern (related through her mother)
- Ash Redfern (related through his mother)
- Kestrel Redfern (related through her mother)
- Jade Redfern (related through her mother)
- Jez Redfern (possibly, due to being Morgead's soulmate)
- On the family tree, it is mentioned that a Jasmine Thorn married into the Redfern family in the 18th century, though it is unknown if she has any connection to the family, or if their similar surnames are merely a coincidence.