Human World, also known as the Fourth Age, is the current period on Earth with humans as the dominant race. It is currently the fourth out of four consecutive ages to exist and has been existing for approximately 10,000 years, with its end due any time. It spans the entire events of the Night World series, with the last four novels particularly focusing on the approaching destruction of Human World.
Note: Only events that relate to both humans and the Night World will be listed here. Other significant events that have happened throughout human history (without involvement of the Night World whatsoever) are not included.
- The Burning Times threaten the existence of the Night People and result in the disbandment of Circle Daybreak.
- The Night Wars come to an end through a blood-tie by Hunter Redfern and Maeve Harman. This unites all the races of the Night World under one collective society.
- Enclaves are established by Hunter Redfern as safe havens for Night People.
- The Soulmate Principle reappears, causing Night People to find soulmates among humans and vice versa. Members of the Redfern and Harman family are particularly among those who have human soulmates.
- Circle Daybreak, originally disbanded during the Burning Times, is revived by Thierry Descouedres.
- Prophecies of the Apocalypse are found by the Night World Council, alerting both the Night World and Circle Daybreak about the approaching millennium.
- The Dragons are re-awoken.
- The Crone of all witches - Edgith Harman - is murdered by rogue shapeshifters.
- The witches (after seceding from the Night World) and shapeshifters form an alliance through the blood-tying ceremony of Iliana Dominick and Raksha Keller, allying themselves with Circle Daybreak in the process.
- Three of the four Wild Powers are discovered: Jez Redfern, Delos Redfern, and Iliana Dominick.
The element that corresponds with the end of Human World may be possibly be darkness, as many characters mention fending off "the darkness" at the millennium.
- When Human World comes to an end at the millennium, it will usher in a fifth age, but which race will reign remains unknown.
- If Circle Daybreak succeeds in uniting the four Wild Powers, then it can be presumed that the fifth age may be the complete unification of all the races - both human and Night People.
- In the possible dark future where the Wild Powers have failed to save the world, dragons are shown to have taken over and enslaved the human race.