Owen is a human man who unknowingly married a lost Harman witch. Also unbeknownst to him, his daughter, Iliana, is the legendary Witch Child and the third Wild Power, destined to save the world from the impending apocalypse.
- The name Owen is of Welsh origin, with a few different meanings, including "youth" or "young warrior", "well-born" or "noble".
- The surname Dominick is a variant of Dominic, which is derived from Latin, meaning "belonging to" or "of the Lord".
- Owen is one of several human men who unknowingly married Harman witches and fathered witches too (most notably, Ted Lennox, father of Gillian Lennox).
- Unlike most other lost witch-human relationships in the series, which seem to have broken down (due in part to the lost witches' 'strange' behaviour), Owen is shown to be happily married to his wife, Anna.
- The family tree states that it is Owen who is a Harman, descended from Emmeth Harman, which is where Iliana gains her witch genes and that his wife's name is Anya Veruska. However, the book Witchlight directly contradicts this - Owen's wife is explicitly stated to be named Anna and to be a lost Harman, Iliana is stated as being descended from Elspeth Harman, not Emmeth, and Iliana is also stated as being a 'true' Harman - that is, a witch who's Harman heritage comes from her mother's side of the family. If Owen were the lost Harman, then Iliana, whilst still a witch, would not be regarded as a 'true' Harman, due to the lineage being passed down through the women in the family. Owen also never displays any abilities suggesting he is a lost witch, nor is he stated as having typical Harman features, such as silvery hair and violet eyes, whilst Anna does have these features.